Estate Sale History:
- The liquidation of the personal property of a decedent.
- An on-site sale of the personal property of someone who for what ever reason is downsizing or liquidating.
Who Needs Estate Sale and Estate liquidation Information?
Motives for Estate Sales:
- Clearing a home of its contents in order to make it ready for sale.
- Raising immediate cash.
- A desire to have a home’s content be of use to others.
What’s better, an Estate Sale, or an Auction?
- Along its value and specific category lines.
- Who understands, that there is more than one kind of auction house.
- That has a proven track record of deriving high income for their clients by brokering antiques and collectibles on behalf of their clients interest.
- Who knows how to negotiate on your behalf with an auction house, and set up, price and conduct an on-site Estate Sale.
Heres a secret that most people in the estate auction business won’t tell you.
To maximize the financial value of an estate…
It is best to combine a well thought out and proper auction house strategy with a well coordinated on-site Estate Sale event to liquidate the contents of an estate.
The good news is that there is a growing number of Estate Sales experts and Estate Liquidators who are beginning to adopt this practice.
Not all estates have enough financial value for a professional estate liquidator. In cases like these – people all over America are conducting their own estate sales. To find an Estate Sales Guide – click on this text.
Most Estate Liquidation professionals can generate higher incomes for their clients by selling inherited personal property at Estate Sales than auctions houses can.
Here’s why estate sales work better:
Some other estate sale considerations:
- Estate Sales attract a very specific kind of buyer – homeowners who are looking for attractive items to decorate their homes.
- Estate Sale shoppers are more like retail shoppers than auction shoppers are – they will pay more.
- Auctions, especially the smaller regional auctions, are shopped primarily by dealers looking for items for their shops – these dealers are in the business of buying low and selling high.
- A qualified Estate Sales professional will organize and individually price all of a homes contents. They generally do not sell “box lots.” Selling everything individually generates higher income. Auctions do not do this.
- Estate Liquidators sell a homes contents “on-site” so there are no moving fees, photography fees, or “buy in” fees.
- Because an Estate Sale takes place over a 2 or 3 day period, Estate Sale shoppers can linger over an item of interest.
Only hire Estate Sale Professionals!
Here are 5 things to do to make hiring an Estate Sales Professional proceed smoothly.
- Ask friends, family members and professionals for estate liquidator referrals.
- Take some time and read the information on these links. Estate Sale Questions – The Phone Interview – The Estate Liquidator Interview.
- Check their references.
- Make sure that they are as well versed with auction house strategies, as they are with their Estate Sale strategies.
- Remove personal papers from the home and in consultation with your Realtor and Attorney set a sale date with the estate sale professional you have chosen.
If you find yourself in the situation, that you have to conduct your own estate sale, please prepare yourself with the best Do It Yourself Estate Sales Guide available.